Thursday, August 23, 2007

My placement's pics...

This is waaay overdue, but i must still pay a tribute to the people who have in one way or another, contributed to my learning experience at my placement agency, Care Corner Woodlands FSC. Although it dint turn out to be what i expected, i still learned quite a number of things about social work from these people and their pleasant demeanour made it a happy stay for me.. No politics wadsoever.. hehz

+The People+

Introducing... the bestest partner i cun have asked for for the attachment.. and who coloured the boring and mundane work at the agency with rainbows and sunshine.. Nadeeyah!!


Would totally miss seeing her bright smile and playing with her lockets of Goldilocks-like long curly hair everyday.. and counting her lockets of hair (65!).. Dee is known as Barbie doll in the agency..
And of cos not forgetting all the fun we had planning for the children's workshop and outing, and the times we created our little haven in the multi-purpose hall preparing for the programmes, blasting out our own fave Timbaland songs, and the meals at Al-Ameen..=)


Next up... Sabbie!!!! or Saboon... haha. Sabrina is the livewire of the agency.. she joined as a new worker of the agency about 2-3 weeks after Nadeeyah and I started our attachment.. Coincidentally, Sabbie was my module mate. I got to know her in the semester i decided to take up social work as a major, in a GEM module. Subsequently took some similar sw modules with her.. although we never hang out in school due to different sets of friends, i'm glad i got the chance to know her better in the work in the agency... she's truly a bright spot... encouraging and making me smile on days when i dun even feel like smiling.. her enthusiasm is suuuper contagious.. haha miss u Sabbie!


Sabbie and me!

**2nd last day at the agency...**


The agency peeps are just too sweet.. planned our farewell lunch on the 2nd last day.. haha it was truly a pleasant surprise.. apparently they called up the pizza place without our knowledge, asking Cynthia to quietly order.. and the admin ppl, Crystal and Siew Lee set up the pizzas and finger food at the multi-purpose hall. there was even a pot of mushroom, corn and chicken cream soup cooked by Crystal! When they called Nadeeyah and me to the lunch area, we were almost moved to tears la... looking at the set-up and the efforts.. so sweetz lor..


Sarpino's pizza.. droolicious... it's really not bad.. tastes almost like Pizza Hut.


cheesy melt thgies..

^^And here are the people who made it possible=)^^


The ever-efficient and sweet-mummy-like figures of the agency, the admin staff... Crystal and Siew Lee!


Crystal, Nadeeyah and Siew Lee...


cute cute cynthia... cynthia is really like an angel.. nadz and i always say when cynthia asked u of any favour, u just can't refuse her. amongst all the agency's wokers, she's the most thoughtful and caring, always showing concern for others... she's wad, in chinese u wud call.. "tian(1) zhen(1) wu(3) xie(3)".. just so sweet and gentle u wanna protect her.. and u will be scared the clients will bully her...

^^More People^^

and here's my ever-superwoman supervisor.. Huiling.. okay, pls dun think i sucked her blood and fed on her flesh in these 2.5 months.. she's just that skinny okay. i shd really give her 10kg.. Huiling really does her best for me to make my learning experience as fruitful as she can, despite her busy schedule in this period, what with her changing portfolio and going on a new course... thankful for her!

HL (we had to use initials when we make appointments in the centre's diary and all, so after awhile, even when we leave msges for each other, we would use initials. mine's SH, as Siew Lee has already taken SL hehz) and me...


Kristin and me outside Faith Room, my fave meeting room in the centre.. cos it's nice and cosy.. it's my most-often used room for my supervision with HL and meetings with the others.

Kristin is another sweet gal.. she just took over the Learning Bees head from HL (the children's programme Nad and i were most involved with throughout our placement). Initially quiet and hard to warm up to, she warmed up towards us almost towards the end of our placement. =) gave me a beautiful Goong postcard from her trip to Korea (she got to see the bear museum!!!!!) with my fave picture from the Goong serial.


Wan Ing and me... Can u believe Wan Ing is already married and a mother of one?? she's soooo skinny la.. btw, nad and i coined Wan Ing, Kristin, Huiling and Charis(Nad's supervisor) as the "4 sickly beauties of the centre". there was Prema also but she left midway when we were there for greener pastures... hahaha.. cos they are soooo skinny.. and always feeding on junk food. Just tell me life's not fair lor...


Grace and me... grace got a super cool surname.. her full name's Grace Valentine, and noo.. i'm not kidding!! so cool rite.. she was the latest addition at the centre... looks like a supermodel rite? i super love her height and poise. and her sharp features... manz... she's only 1 year older than me and she's married 4 years le..yup yup, i think my agency is super-pro marriage one.. 2/3 of them are married.


Uncle Richard! Uncle Richard is another livewire.. always so jolly and young at heart. i secretly call him the Kentucky old man cos of his white hair.. heehee.. Always there with a joke to brighten up Nad and my day=)

:::Places around the centre:::


nad and my first table... we changed tables like... 4 times throughout our time there, due to the new additions of workers to the agency, we have to shift to new places to make room for them, since we are only student workers and temporary. You can call us the "most mobile pair" heh..

This is now Sabbie's table.. See the pics of the babies in the backgrd.. my contribution... Mum printed them for me.. a baby's expression for each day of the week.. the workers had fun looking and deciding which baby's their fave.. hehz.


Makeshift table next to our supervisors. We stayed the longest here... finally, when grace joined the centre, there were no more available desks for us and they had to set up this table in the aisle for nad and i. it's rather messy cos nad and i were packing up in our last 2 days..


Nad and i occupied this small cubicle desk next to grace in our last week of our placement in sentimental value, working close physically literally.. hehz.. its the smallest desk area in the centre (i pity the new worker who would use this in the future). u can see how squashed we are. With my laptop and the computer and our casefiles, we hardly have space to move. but we dint mind=)


Nad and my fave place in the centre to chill out. we once even fell asleep here..shhhh. haha.. this is so comfy la.. a day bed in the Hope room.


Nad getting comfy in the day bed... see how the brightly-coloured cushions complemented with her top. haha.


Okay we were getting really nutty, taking pics of everything in the centre... This is... no no.. it is NOT a TV for pleasure viewing ah.. Hidden in the closet is a intricate and complex taping system. This is the recording room in the centre.. Hope Room. It links all the cameras and speakers in the rooms in the centre, so that the worker can record his counselling or casework session in any room he is in. I learned how to set this up from the first attempt Charis taught us how to. My proud achievement muahahaha.


Hope Room is the room i did most of my casework sessions in... meaning meeting up with my clients.

=Contributions from my crazy babes... hahaha.. but sweetz..=

Drawn by Sabbie... haha.. the animal below the robot is her attempt at drawing the Sylvanian character she saw from my laptop's wallpaper.. wahhaha


an encouraging note from Naddeee... she's sooo good at decorating la.. super creative..


My tag from the children's day out at Sentosa. The tag was designed by me. In the background is something Naddeee decorated for one of the workshops.. u can just see the great disparity in our decorations hahahaa...


a cute little ikea blue elephant from Sabbbieee... she just knows how to brighten up my day=)


my little elephant next to Naddeee's hot pink hippo. heh

Camwhoring with my fave people...




Nadz and I in front of the community map for the centre. This was one of our required assignments of our placement.. and also the one we procrastinated the most over... ooops... but i must say... it looks sooo much better than the old one. hehz.



Sabbie and me in front of Sabbie's new chest of drawers for her casefiles... every worker in the centre has one chest of drawers.. the older workers have piles of casefiles.. gasp! full to the brim one lor... Sabbie's now is only full to the brim at the top... within a few days of getting it, she filled the top of her chest of drawers with Ikea toys, Transformers figures and pictures... scary.. haha..


big-hearted Sabbie and the ever-pretty Naddeee... my 2 fave people in the centre=)=)=)


"V"!!!

~The soft toys at the centre~

You wun believe how kiddish some of the centre workers can be. HL's table is covered with soft toys. So is Kristin's. Cynthia has this super cute turtle that everyone else in the centre is forever "kidnapping".. it's so nice to hug!! and then there's Sabbie's animal farm.. But they rekindled my love for soft toys haha..


My supervisor's Baby Pooh bear.. the "heart" is contributed by Cynthia..


The top of my dear sup's comp... she has sooo many soft toys la.


CAN YOU JUST RESIST THIS TURTLE??? haha.. this is Cynthia's.. and the most-loved soft toy in the centre.. also the most kidnapped... I liked it soooo much i bought one for myself too! haha.. you just have to look at it to feel happier.


"UUMM! I want to eat you cos you are too cute le!"


Nadddeee insists on calling it "xiao gugu".. even thought we keep telling her it is "gui" in Chinese. She knows it's a naughty term.. hahaha.. naughty gal ah..

##Last Day at the Centre##

More treats awaited Nadz and i on the last day... the peeps are just too sweet le.=)


Donut Factory's donuts complimentary of Sabbie!!! Actually her church's youth queued the day before, and she very generously shared the whole box with the centre!!


I bought the yellow one for Sabbie and the pink for Nadz.. the blue one is mine. hehz. It is called walking nohon-something. It is responsive to noise and will walk when you make a loud sound in front of it. It will then walk and say "Hello, I love u" haha.. so cute right..


Our walking nohons with the elephant and hippo...

--At Al-ameen.. our last lunch as colleagues--

the ever-cute Cynthia, Kristin, Sabbie...


Nadee, Grace and my dear sup...


Sabbie and me...

Initially Nadz and i just wanted to have our own farewell lunch at Al-ameen.. but we were pleasantly surprised by the number of people who accompanied us.. Very touched.. and Kristin even gave us a treat.. awww.. had my fave chicken Nasi Bryani as usual.. hehz.

Last pics...

Florence.. she's so trim and trendy for her age... very health-conscious.. she really watches what she puts in her mouth.


Anne... poor anne suffered from a bout of stomach flu and had to feed on porridge whilst watching us feast on donuts and Al-ameen.. so sad..

Anne is the most straightforward person... she just says it like it is. No pretenses at all.. haha it's enjoyable to hold a conversation with her manz.


One final pic with sweetz Kristin!

*****

I just wanna say thanks to those people who made my attachment at the agency a great learning experience..=)

No comments: