Friday, August 24, 2007

Bag Charms

I really like bag charms.. besides they being the "in" thing now... i liked the idea of dressing up my stuff.. could be due to the fact that normally, i like accessorizing alot, so i feel the stuff i own should be dressed up too.. and also i feel we should appreciate the stuff we own and give them some due respect? (in the sense of dressing them up la) Almost all the little pouches and bags i own has a key chain dangling from it each. One night, i "xin(1) xue(4) lai(3) chao(2)" and decided to make bag charms for all my bags. Due to the fact i already spent alot normally on accessories, i simply dun have the extra cash to buy bag charms. Besides i thought making them myself could add more to the fun and unique-ness of the product bahz.

So here are some of my creations.. of cos, after a long time of looking, actually they dun look as unique la, but at least i'm proud to call them my own creations! All of them are recycled from things i already own. Recycling is "in" now too!

::The Hairclips::

Decorating my off-white Zinc sling bag is a blue starfishy clip i owned from JC...



Decorating my "scandalous (as Sabbie calls it)" bag with a swarovski star clip Flo gave me from some time back...

::The single charms:



A single starry bracelet dangles from each of my mock-leatherish-skin bags...

::The street-style chains::

This long silver chain is made from linking 3 bracelets i dun wear anymore together... gives a rugged feel to my street-style Zinc bag.


This is made from a necklace syl babe gave me. Gold doesn't suit my colouring so i decided to dismantle it and make it into a chain for my hot pink bag.

::The sweet and cute::


This took me the longest time to put together. Basically I decided to piece all the cute keychains together. The egg-cup Piglet and french fries were given to me by xianyu and the squirrel name hp keychain a bday gift from JC from Cat. The charm bracelet is my own and my own creation, from Perlini's Silver, which i bought about 2 years ago.




I call this the "Lost in Wonders and Fantasies" keychain. It is made up of a Alice in Wonderful figurine who looks windblown and "blur" (very like me sometimes haha) also given to me by Xianyu and a starry hp keychain from 2 sec school friends.. It fits in with the blue theme of my Kate Spade bag.

Not too bad right? though not super creative. I thought some of my charms bracelets can double up as my accessories should i forget to wear any out that day too. So dear peeps, next time don't be too quick to throw away your old keychains and jewelries k? Recycle them!!

No comments: