Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On yoga's connection to life

I am very thankful for my weekly yoga sessions.. thankful to find a good yoga teacher who takes her time to correct everyone's positions and makes sure her lessons benefit all. Some of the ladies in the class are nice too.. Smiles and greets and one even let me queue in front of her when we were paying for our next course.. I just wanna document each little thing i remember and am grateful for daily.

Today's yoga lesson was enlightening. I had already facebook'ed it, but just want to journal it for my own remembrance:

1) Finding space within your positions akin to allowing space to receive optimism on life's upsets

2) Discovering something new in your positions with each practice

3) Focus on forceful exhalation in breathing to expel negative energy and thoughts

I am starting to really ♥ yoga for all the healing and lessons it has imparted to me. Enlightening 1.5 hours every week.

I think the most useful lesson is the forceful exhalation, (i cannot find the proper yoga name it is called), where one has to use the stomach muscles to forcefully exhale through the nostrils. The teacher said that such an exercise may cause some dizziness for some, but it is a very useful exercise to enable one to focus on the breathing and expel all other thoughts in one's mind because one is so focused on the exhaling. Negative energy and thoughts are expelled in this manner too.. I must remember to do it once a day or every other day.

As i enter my 6th or 7th lesson, i find it easier to do certain stretches and positions.. in the correct employment of my muscles.. of course there are parts of my body that seem to ache in the wrong places, like my knee joint, but can really feel the overall wellbeing of the mind and body. Yoga has really been a great healer to me this period.

Today's lesson was also about yoga's connection to life. How to find space in my positions to receive positive energy and enable a better stretch, just like how in life, one cannot close up too much of one's heart when upsets happen but instead be open to receive optimism and a broader perspective.

This suddenly occurred to me on my way home today.. I was quietly leafing through my thoughts and I realised that i cannot remember the exact date of the M saga.. I roughly remember the period it happened in, but i cannot remember the exact date.. I used to remember it for a few years after it happened, and i remembered how i used to tense up and wince and get all irritz when the "anniversry" of the event comes close. However I have arrived at the stage where I cannot even remember the dates and memories of our times spent together are blurry... So it shows that time can really do its job by healing for me.
I have been remembering this saga by monthsaries.. and it's been 4 months. I look forward to the day when everything becomes a blur, where it comes to a stage where it just ceases to nothing but a distant memory of the past for me.



Have to thank G for recommending me to go for it during that period =)

No comments: