Friday, May 25, 2012

A bimbotic post

I've been wanting to change my look for a while, and of course, the hair, being the crown of our head/body, is the first to make a change. After all, honestly, it makes or breaks your look and overall feel. Humans are visual creatures, and the face/hair is the first most's eyes are drawn to.

Though I really much prefer my fuss-free routine of straight rebonded hair that do not require much styling or fussing about, the length of it is really making my hair weigh down and it is looking more and more limp and flat. I just look very tired overall. I had to look for a hairstyle that can introduce more volume to my hair, and this was what came up in my google search:



These two blogshop models had the voluminous korean-girl-like hair i was looking for. Plus the first one, Beatrice Tan, had the same limp hair problem as I did. She did this thing called a texture perm to achieve the effect as seen in the pic. I have also heard of this hair technology from Korea called volume rebonding that is supposed to give a similar effect.

My sis is usually the researcher when it comes to haircuts. I stuck to my Yew Tee stylist for 5 yrs under her recommendation. But lately, she found a new one online whom she had been raving about.. His haircuts are supposed to be superb and he gave my sis a fringe so fab that she doesn't even trim it herself anymore, but rather pay the guy to do it. Mind you, she's quite a stinge on this. Im not usu so keen on male stylists ever since one butchered my hair with some blade. But i know how fussy my sis is with regards to haircuts, so I can trust her judgment enough. And he is a one-scissors man, just like my Yew Tee stylist. Using one pair of scissors with no other tools or blades calls for true skill. That is one thing i am very particular about as well to anyone who touches my hair.

Armed with the determination to get a new look with volume, we headed to Twister Salon at Tampines One. The new (and permanent for now) stylist is Kason Kiu (who is not gay and just recently got married). My sis did alot research on him online and decided to try him out based on the good reviews not just by sponsored bloggers. I have this thing about salons who sponsor alot bloggers too.. Cos i feel they only give their best to the bloggers to bring in business and then do shitwork on normal customers. That was also a reason i was apprehensive about trying Salon Vim though they did the texture perm on the gal above and i felt it was what i was looking for. But this Kason is apparently endorsed even by normal people who aren't sponsored. Hence the decision to try him out.

Byeeee Long Limp hair.. This is the longest I have ever reached, and fact realised is: too long hair doesn't suit me. It seems my hair gets lesser and lesser as it grows longer. OMG How i envy those with thick manes! But it's a world that is never satisfied. I have gfs with thick hair who likes my long limp straight hair.

Transformation time: This is already post-haircut and boy, am i happy with my new fringe cut. The haircut he gave me already gave me a more refreshed look. He really knows how to cut to frame your face. His fringe cuts are out of the world. If anyone is unconvinced, can give him a shot. The fringe cut is only 5 bucks and a whole haircut is 40bucks.

My sis couldn't stop laughing at this process. It looked as though i was in a mental hospital with all the wires stuck to me to give me a brain electrocution process. Or like a lab rat.

Tadahhh curls and volume. My sis made me take this act-chio pic fluffing up my hair.

Helloooo volume!

I gotta say, the first look wasn't a good impression, i was just unused to the look of curls on my head and worried that i might look aunty. Styling it is important here, and i was taught a few tricks by the stylist. Yeah, need to spend time. No more fuss-free routine.. That's what i have to do for limp hair.

Side-by-side photo grid of before and after.

I am definitely satisfied with the haircut and the new look. The curls took me a while to get used to.. and it's already growing on me.

How to not love this?!

Princessy curls, taken from back view by sis. Super pwetty, and my real hair! haha.. My hair looks brown here, and I haven't dyed for yrssss... The curls won't last i know, but i gonna make them last while they can!



No comments: