Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Latest happenings..

The brief respite of *calm after the storm* has set in.. Post exams now, i can finally get a breather, and some air into my coughing lungs (haven't fully recovered.. am at the stage of losing my voice now). But wait, upcoming in less than 2 weeks is dear C's wedding.. I have already met the bridal party gals 2 days in a row with another breakfast meeting this Friday, a PH.

Thought i will update with some cheery pics after the rather droll, emo post below. I was just telling Kr that I write alot better when I am emo. My writing has been described as melancholic lol.

:: Featured for my work =) ::

It's actually a very small feature with one of my tuition agencies but nonetheless an achievement for these few years =) My heart did a little dance of joy when my agent messaged "May I have the pleasure of featuring you in our website?" Thank you!!



:: You made my day ::

Some sweet notes from the kiddos.. I had one of the worst coughs I've experienced, and this time round, it convinced me that cough is the hardest illness to recover, topping stomach problems in my opinion. It prevented me from getting my much-needed rest in the busy period.. I was tired, irritable, emo and suffering from lack of sleep in this period when I was working 7 days a week, thus explaining the spate of emo posts below when i could not sleep from trying to find a position to lie in my bed where i would not be rudely awakened by a coughing fit in the night. I also experienced some really embarrassing moments when i was commuting in between tuition locations and experienced a sudden dry cough fit. Those who have personally experienced it would know. There is this itch at the back of your throat that would trigger a persistent coughing and refused to be comforted. I would literally cough in public to the point of eyes overflowing and people backing away from me as though I have TB. Then there i would be, one hand covering my mouth, tears and mucus running over my face, as my other hand frantically searched my bag for my packet of tissues. It's utterly embarrassing to say the least.

However in this period, I also came to experience the sweetness of some kiddos. Received the two notes below and an sms that really touched me. Shared them on FB and Instagram too.



The last one is a cute msg from my aunt lolz =)

:: My Alter ego ::

Just some fave shots from a shoot with dear KD i managed to squeeze in this period. I love exploring my alter ego and satisfying the vanity in me and was really in love with the odango P did for me this time..



Nowadays I need to remember events from pictures which is why I'm alot more active on Instagram and Facebook. Do follow me at @shuling_17 for Instagram haha.

That's all for now... oh and before i end... haha here's a picture of my biggest buy ever.. Okay i will consider this my treat/reward for this year and the period of work. And i still haven't forgotten my priority of saving for the house in 6 years' time first. Thankful to my mum for forking first and loving-hating the sisters lolz for being the badgering ones who insisted i should be using the real one for all my love for it through inspireds..


Exclusively shown here and not on other social media platforms lolz

After a day of using it.. Im sold. Okay i did have the experience of carrying the inspireds to compare with too.. The handles are unbelievably comfortable sitting in the crook of the arm, much more than the hard ones of the inspireds that will cut into the flesh at times. And the smell of the leather is truly addictive. Take that from C who stuck her whole head into the bag to smell it haha. I am very pleased with my Giselle (christened her).

No comments: