Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hush my girl, dry those eyes.
You were not meant for tears.
You were meant for battle
Suit up that armour
Pick up that spear
Hold up your chin
And forward,straight,point

Stand my girl, don't lie and dream
You were not meant for fairytales.
Close that book
And put on your mask
For your innocence and naïveté
Are written all over your face
Surely you do not want
Them to see and jeer
Or even worse,
To steal all that's so dear

Hold back the tears, my sweet girl
For they betray all your inner feelings
Or worse
Being called weak
They may throw their sticks and stones
But even as you struggle not
To fall
Or
To cry in pain
You must remember
The angels will watch over you
But no one will blow on your wounds
And pains
No one will hug you
In the darkest of the night
So my sweet sweet girl
You must learn to
Hold on


xoxo to myself,
ling

No comments: