Wednesday, July 2, 2008

my princessy week...

ahhh... during C.H.O.I.C.E groupwork in June, i took the love language test and it showed mine to be "Gifts", meaning ling is a happie girl when showered with little gifts and notes. I rem when i was in sec sch and JC, my clique then liked to exchange little gifts and notes, and i'm always v happie to receive a note attached with a sweet little gift. Always made me a happie gal then, cos i love little surprises and the meaning behind each gift. i still have some of these gifts and notes from back then.

Since last week, i been pampered with little gifts from these sweet people in my life..

::at work::

Came to work feeling v sleepy (as usual) one morning and saw this on my table.. so sweet! a cute little box PQ and KF bought me to put my sweets in...


They even filled it with sweets and goodies!


I received this from a youth I was counselling that week as well.. soo sweet la..i'm especially touched by this cos i only just began to build rapport with this particular one. =)


I bought this little soft toy dog for myself from the newly opened Comics Connection across the road at 20% off cos it really reminds me of Bibi and it was calling out to me of the display window. heez. I have it to accompany me in lieu of Bibi during the weekdays!


Say hi to Xiao Bai!!


KF gave us GP mates a little gift each in the form of a little lunchbox of chocs and a scrapbook-notebook she made herself. she loves scrapbooking thats why!


my little lunchbox of chocs...


i swapped for the blue one with PQ cos she likes pink and i like blue! hehz..


my little cosy corner (taken by KF)


::remnants of GP::

Our GP head trying to clear up the mess.. haha


One of our rushed Mac dinners on GP parent-teen nites (sobx this could explain why i been growing rounder lately).. PQ ordered the Happy Meal and gave me the box. hehz. So reminiscient of childhood Mac days when i used to love to play the games and do cutouts of the Mac Happy Meal boxes! i dint know they still have the box!


Our rushed dinner...


::lovely flo::

my darlin' brought me out for my early bday celebration and we had our usual tradition of Fish & Co. at AMK Hub. i loved that outlet best. Best service and quality of food there!

Our traditional Seafood platter for 2!


...and Hot Fudge Choc Cake!


...and Jungle Freeze!!! How to lose weight like that??


Ling and Jungle freeze


Floooo and Jungle freeze


My bday gift from flooo.. Forever and Ever by Dior. It's v sweet and girly. I commented on its scent when i smelt it once on flo, and she went to get it from me when she was in HK thinking that it's not avail in Singapore (the salesgirl cheat her.. so bad!!). Thanks sweetie, for the effort!! Love love the scent.


Flo, we'll go on Forever and Ever yeah? grinz


Us at KTV.. another tradition!

Thanks gal for a lovely celebration and most imptly, for standing by me all these yrs!!=)

::and of cos, my dearest, darlingest family!::

Sumptuous dinner at Long Beach Seafood at Dempsey..

The room we were in "Prosperity".. Cos we were early, the very first guests in fact (thanks to mum's kiasu-ness hahaa) the management gave us this room overlooking the outside view. Think we are connected to the Botanic Gardens. Very nice.. I think the service was fabulous as well, cos also we are the only guests at that time! The manager even told us to expect a mini-Night Safari when night falls. Nonsense lor.. no animals at all.


i attempted to take a picture of myself with the view behind me.. turns out like i'm sitting in the middle of the greens! haha


mei wanted a similar pic when she saw mine. not so successful though.. hehz


us camwhoring while waiting for dinner to be served... hungreeeeeh!!





where's my food???


finally, the shark's fin was served..


much nicer than No Signboard in my opinion...


baby squids whh my sistaz love.


my fave kai lan cooked with lotsa garlic


the Star of the evening--Sri Lankan Chilli crabs!!! YUMZ!!!


with delish piping hot and crispy mantous


my mess...


we are all enjoying ourselves, fingers holding chopsticks is my 3rd sis...


she has to make a part of her body visible in every pic.. here's her hand holding the cup of tea.


we finished the evening with ice-cream from Serene Centre--from the one-and-only Island Creamery. I have heard much about this ice-cream cafe which serves ice-cream in local flavours like teh tarik and putu hitam and chendol.. it's like eating the dessert itself but in ice-cream form.


We had teh tarik, chendol, oreo chocolate, nutella and apple pie!


:: My Bday=)::

Had to work on my bday.. can't take leave cos i have to go down for counselling at my p sch.. booo... but my colleagues had a mini-celebration for me.. sweet! we all had a person-in-charge or IC in charge of celebrating the person's bday.

Above my desk the IC pasted this so the whole world knows.. i din't even notice this when i came in, cos my mind was full of my work for the day.. till someone came to wish me happy birthday. v touched.
(other pics are taken on office camera so will upload when the IC uploaded into the main office folder.. lucky they dint make me do too silly stuff.. phews..)


And what's sweeter than celebrating my special day with my family? My family is really sweet--we had like a 3-day celebration.. the Long Beach dinner, then steamboat at home on Monday, then cake-cutting on my actual day.








Arrrrhhhhhzzz!!! Going to murder the cake.. haha




Many thanks to all who made it special for me..=)

No comments: