Sunday, November 11, 2007

on friendships...

I had been having conversations with various friends on this topic for the past few days... weird. it's one of those never-ending kind of topics..meaning that you would have endless to talk upon this topic. Unfortunately, where this topic is concerned, i am not simple, my expectations and views towards it are not simple, so there was definitely plenty to talk about.

There was this instance when one thanked me for being a good friend and apologised for having been a lousy one, one that told me realistically that we would lose touch once i graduated (i was pretty bemused by the honesty) and then a couple with my healing balm on past friendships--the loved and lost.

healing balm told me not to expect... where friendships are concerned. so maybe i wun be sorely disappointed each time. true, i expect too much, expect too much from my gal frens as well as guys... never realising there's differences. else why would they always end up such disappointments to me? then there's my heart. too much given, too little given back. whh explains the inner bitterness. hmmm. truez.. but this is as far as i go for now. tired out from all the house packing. more will be blogged in private blog when i have given more thought to it. ooh and exams!! groanz.

I'll just leave yall with pics now..=)

::Hair extensions::

Long overdue pic... yay!! i did hair extensions with von... (truth be told, i'm a little tired of them now, and it's not even a month, im sooo gonna see a lot of eye-rolling.. HAHAHAHA.. that is precisely why hair extensions work for people like me.. I can put them on and off as and when i please without having to "xin teng" over the fact that i took 5-7 years to grow my hair!) okay my hair still looks odd in this pic cos the person never do properly! Make me look like a jellyfish.. i mean, i am definitely not as cute as Rainie Yang to be able to pull off the look.

In any case, i went back another day with von to another salon whh is better! my hair doesn't look so jellyfish-ish now. I have received various comments, ranging from "looks like my own hair", looks fake" to "i look better with short hair" etc. Anywayz for me, a different hairstyle just offers me different options for styling my hair (yes, i am vain and i want a change from styling short hair), so i aint too bothered with the fact that i am carrying 200 strands of some dead corpse's hair on my hair. But if i do die mysteriously, u guys would know wad happened yeah? rem to cut off the fake hair on my head k?

von's one is much better.. cos her original hair is already long, so her added strands gave her hair a more swingy, more "piao" kind of feeling.. mine ah, cos i chose curls, i figured since i want curls anyway, but the curls are not the big doll curls i want, its more maggi-mee-ish, so abit disappointed. Ah well, at least i dun have to bother with curling each time.



how the jellyfish look would look on me.. hahaha

::Pa's birthday::

Pa's birthday which fell on Halloween.. celebrated with chilli crabs and a chocolate truffle cake from Prima's (pa's fave!)..
i like this pic.. pretty artistically taken=)

family shot

pa and mummy

my cute sisters...

feng and me..

ying and me..

Least i know my family will always be the constant.. in the face of all the other uncertainties and lost friendships in my life.. I am thankful for the constants i am left with. Constants still require work, but nonetheless, they are still there.. huggies to my family.

::Flo and KTV and attempts at styling my hair::

Like i say, i like playing ard with my hair. Else i do extensions for what? Unlike some girls, i dun like leaving my hair down all the time.. boooring..

Attempted this. my first attempt at doing the bun twist was good. The hair tool, or "metal tong" (as flo calls it), that i used to do the twist held the bun well without the need for pins. but still a bit messy.. the stray hairs definitely still requires pins.

Bun all pinned up. I still prefer the first one, the pins here look a tad messy. Needs improvement.

How it looks like from the front. I know i am acting cute here, and its a toilet cubicle i am taking this photo in btw, but so wad? hahahaha

flo and me at ktv.. we went to this KBox at KBox plaza which ying told us to go as her friend is working there. took us more than an hour to find it.. grumbles. but the place is nice, room a bit small. Hope flo feels better after ktv-ing=)

Just wanna say thanks for all the dear friends.. Although there were disappointments, there are still some of you treasures i will always be grateful for.. my dear healing balm, thanks for the reassurances and the great company and comfort this week.. huggies=)

No comments: