Friday, November 9, 2007

darkened bars and slow music

I love how when i'm down, i can seek solace in the quaint setting of a darkened wine bar, letting the slow music, the blended shadows of the faces in the neighbouring tables, the sweet sourish taste of Shirley's Temple (want to but still can't get used to the taste of alcohol) wash down the emotions inside. It is almost like a numbing drug, enough to soothe the pain for the moment and distract me.

And of cos complete with soft crusty garlic toast with cheese and my favourite healing balm... it saved me from a night of self-pitying and crying into my pillow.

::At Blooie's Roadhouse along Rail Mall::


My healing balm and me... dearie, thanks for always knowing what I need and want at the moment in time.


Beautiful and strangely comforting woody village-like structure of Blooie's bar counter.


In the presence of strangers who are distracting enough without the feeling of overcrowdedness and invasion of privacy.

So let work take me away for now...

No comments: