Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm a certified brandwhore now...

May is a month of birthdays for me.. my mother and lil sis' bdays are within this month, as well as some good friends'. So these 2 weeks, it's been a very-family time for me.. going out with mother and sister and feasting well and buying well...

I have a new fetish lately, and it comes in the form of this..

The LV Damier Hampstead.

Tada!!! It's way beyond what i can afford.. but absolutely fell in love with it.. Just look at the classic sophisticated design and the gorgeous deep red lining! Ahhhhz... It's due to the women in my family i swear. Brandwhoring is addictive.. Last sat, we went to to DFS Galleria to get my lil sis her bday gift. Originally, it was just to buy her gift, then it escalated into bag-buying for 2nd sis and mummy dear. My... But i must say 2nd sis' choice was a good one. I saw it before and really liked it. But well, she got ahead of me and got it first! It's the one above, but in medium size. i prefer the large size, and fell in love with it on first sight, so maybe i'll save up for it. it's really gorgeous that bag. And mummy dear indulged in a Prada bag. We co-shared it for her as well as papa. But mummy dear deserves it la. she worked so hard for so many years, must get a nice bag.=) we are glad to buy it for her.

So yeah, these women really get me going. I really used to *faintz* at the idea of paying sooo much for a bag. But i guess u really pay for quality, and the design. And with the women in my family (started by 2nd sis) so into it now, i can't help being drawn into the whirlpool too! Yesterday saw a Burberry bag i quite fancied (and i seldom enter these brand boutiques unless my friends or family want to see something) and nearly wanted to get it cos it was on sale. But only the display piece was left plus i do mind that it is made in China. So did not get anything in the end. Ying says the first branded bag i buy is v impt, must be something that i really like. So yahz, save up for the LV Hampstead. Really fell for it at first sight, that one.

Actually i remember the very first sorta branded bag i like--my Kate Spade Maira Kalman bag. I really liked it so much when i first saw it and it was a limited edition bag and was sold out everywhere. I nearly even considered shipping it from the US cos i loved it so much and had been eyeing it and ebaying it for more than a year. In the end, i was v v lucky that there was a local ebayer who sold it at a lower price cos it was a gift from her friend, and it was brand new with all the tags still intact. Was so so happy that time. And my sisters co-shared it for me that time cos it was my 21st year. So yeah, for a branded bag, i really believed in the logic that i must buy something that i really really fall for.

Anw pics from my relaxing weekends..

Outside Fortun(ate) Restaurant at International Building...


Posing outside the house.. so zhi(4) lian(4) rite...

@ Carousel at DFS Galleria. My family's a big fan of buffets and this was a lovely one. In celebration of Feng's bday...





Love the neat arrangement of eating utensils that minimises clutter..


Lovely desserts in little glasses...

Our mess...

Colourful candies in big cookie jars atop the dessert section...

a chef posed when he saw me taking pics.. hahaha.. so cute la.

No comments: