Wednesday, May 21, 2008

C.H.O.I.C.E.S

May-June is a period of choices.. As the school holidays set in, CHOICE groupwork for GP Programme is starting for me. I'm kinda looking forward to it, not just that it is my first time doing youth groupwork, but also we are planning an outing to Sentosa with the youths.. YIPPS!! Looking forward..

Besides work, I have been hooked recently on this Mediacorp drama that talks about choices. Tonight's episode is particularly on this topic of choices. If life isn't made of choices, maybe this would not have happened. However, we all have to make choices in life. The effect/consequence of the choice you made is just something you have to bear. If you made a choice and someone suffers for it, it is still something you have to bear on yourself. Being a social worker makes me realise the importance of choices i have to make, the responsibilities placed in my hands. How i write a report and which job i choose to do first affects my clients, directly or indirectly. That being said, I firmly believe that when the choice you make results in your own happiness/comfort, but results in someone's misery/suffering, sooner or later, you have to pay for it. This form of happiness is never long-lasting. So, "bie(2) ba(3) kuai(4) le(4) jian(4) li(4) zai(4) bie(3) ren(3) de(4) tong(4) ku(3) shang(4)".

I teared alot during tonight's episode, cos it cuts so close to home. Seeing Zhiling's silent misery culminating in her death jolts the feelings i thought i had long laid to rest. Or maybe i just like to cry at sappy sentimental shows.

I'll never forget.





So please, give me selective amnesia.

******
Talking about teary shows reminds me of the super tearjerker movie i watched on SCV over the weekend with my family. My sister said we should just buy the show so we'll lose weight from all the crying. Blearghz. No way. Even thinking about some of the scenes in the show now still has my heart wrenching. Anyway the show is a Korean movie called "Hearty Paws (Zai(4) Jian(4) Xiao(3) Xue(3)", a show on this couple of abandoned children and their dog. I tell you, i totally believe now in the Koreans' ability of producing super tearjerkers. I'm not a big fan of Korean shows normally, but this show really gets those tear glands working. They combined the story of a pair of abandoned children with their dog who was loyal to them through death and till its death. Okay i think i better dun say le, i can feel the tears coming again. I was just sobbing uncontrollably into my towel throughout the show (yupz, my family predicted i was just going to waste alot of tissues so i might as well use a towel: good foresight). Yall really MUST watch it. Anw the reason why i was crying too was cos now we have a dog, and my overactive imagination was just imagining our dog to be the one in the show, but the silly dog did not understand my "ku(3) xin(3)" at all and just gave me a strange look when i wailed halfway through the show. dumb dog really.

But i still love him. and my darlin' darlin' family. Mummy's birthday is always v v near Mother's Day, so we usually have a double celebration. This year, cos of the extra cash, we were able to go to 2 v v nice places to eat!! Plus buy Bibi new stuff like a much-needed leash (he is like a wild dog when we take him for walks now, so a leash is necessary), his fave dog food and some other stuff. However we dint take any pics of the fantabulous food at Soup Restaurant @ Causeway Point and No Signboard Seafood Restaurant @ ECP because all of us were just too greedy for the food (plus also becos with my family, i dun dress up if we aren't going to town, so i think i'll look too ugly with my unkempt self so i never take hahahha). Anyway suffice to say I had a gastronomical weekend filled with good food. Wondrous double-boiled soup, ginger paste chicken, and OHMIGOD, i nv see such huge Sri Lankan crabs before. SLURPS!! It's nice to have that extra bit of money and enjoy with family. grinz.

Bibi's the most handsome in the family no matter what he wears so it's okay to take pics of him. haha.

Dunno why the pics taken with my digicam are so blurry. Could be cos Bibi moved too much. Or could be time for a new cam. heeez. Any sweetie wanna buy a new one for me? *innocent sweet smile*




He's looking super happy with his new bowl

...and doggy treats!!

Display courtesy of mummy of his new stuff that we splurged on him!

the darlin' is getting sleepy. Love this pic cos he looks super like a soft toy here.

What i have been busy in May with... Anti-Bullying Campaign at one of my p schs.
Volunteers and colleague. i taking the pic.

Debi was a sweetie to come down to help me during her exam period. superbly touched. kisses.

*The next series of pics were taken with KF's cam. That's why it's clearer and sharper. hur hur*
My first Staff-Recreation Day! The 3-centre strong staff.. small and cosy eh? The orange tee with deep blue stripes really made all the girls look like beer girls! haha. I won a $5 Popular voucher courtesy of group game.

"Waaahing" at my huge bowl at ramen at Waraku Restaurant @ Marina Square. The staff were all treated to a meal there and we had our own private room! But the food not v nice i feel. The ramen was way too salty for my liking. Company was great though!

Big Bowl, Small Bowl.

My centre staff all together...

No comments: