Thursday, December 27, 2007

this marks the end of another year...

I have sorta "disappeared" off the Web for some time.. No recent update, MSN, Facebook etc.. hmmmz.. quite ironic.. I keep seeking online company during the exam period.. maybe to a point when i'm just so sick of going online..

In any case, this period i disappeared, I was enjoying the company of loved ones, particularly my family.. Mum is clearing her usual annual leave.. so there's alot of mum and sis bonding going on at the end-of-year period.. plus meet-ups with some good frens as usual.. Of cos there was the striving to make christmas gifts for loved ones this year.. But then i have to delay again cos there's this naughty virus that has been flying around my family.. first Ying got stomach flu.. then it transferred to me.. cold, cough and constant bouts of vomitting and lao-sai-ing.. i vomitted and lao-sai-ed 3 times each the nite prior to christmas eve.. wad a sickening way to get by my holiday.. Now it seems the virus has flown to mummy dear.. maybe it is the mum and sis bonding of late.. sighz.. hope she really wun be affected.. I'm still having a bit of the runny nose and stomach pains.. so avoided seeing some people.. sighz.. wad a way to spend christmas..

And i must share a good piece of news.. I have officially GRADUATED!! yippies!! just got my results and i performed better than my expectations.. much much better.. Thank God.. I was so so relieved to see that instead of failing of my most-dreaded module, i did better than what i expected.. Although the results are not by usual standards great, but by mine they are and i am rightfully proud of my own achievements cos it is a reminder to me of my own strength that i can pull through despite the adversaries--the pain and sadness and bitterness of this year.. Each positive thing that comes to me is a great source of encouragement to my esteem--my loving family, my always supportive friends, my academics. Although i know without these, people who care for me will still love me, still they are very much a great source of motivation to my being.=) thanks lovelies.. you know who you are.

And i shall share again my usual hoard of pictures to see what i have been up to the past 2 weeks..

::Post-exam Destress at Kster::

Destressing at Kster...


Charlie's Angels...

I'll miss the days of being in social work.. cantering from class to class and the chats and lunches and company..

::Hair-Dyeing and IKEA day::

...no hair-dyeing for my "fake" hair though hahaha.. but my mum and sistaz woke up at 9am to get their hair done at a home salon in Yew Tee.. So i accompanied them..

Feng with her rich, almondy brown hair and me.. good hair day all round=)


Ying preferred red streaks..


Mum touched up her roots and had a haircut..

Had lunch at Wan Chai HK cafe at CCK.. the food was nowhere the standard of Central but nonetheless, i still love my thick toast and yuan yang..


Meis are still furniture-shopping for their new princess rooms.. so we went to IKEA Tampines.. I found this alcove showcase which gave me a great idea of revamping the balcony at my cousin's..


Cosy little corner...

I love creating and designing.. Of cos there's no comparing to Bryan Wong's standards but i do like to do up stuff my own style.. much food for thought to do up my room at my cousin's as well.. heeeez.. wait till i get my coat of paint from pa=)

::Ying's bday::

Oh.. i got a glimpse of BB for the first time.. and i fell head over heels in love.. Isn't it sweet? BB was a bday gift for Ying from her pals.. and she finally convinced my parents to let her bring it home.. after her room is done of course.


Very much in his own world...


BB is very camwhoric as well.. Ying says he knows how beautiful he is and the camera always manages to capture his best angle.. Feng says he looks like a soft toy in this pic.. My heart keeps melting over how he clutches tight to me when i held him gingerly for the first time, afraid he will fall..


Happy finally-TWENTY to my pesky sis hahaha...


20.. lalala.. soon you'll be 30.. wahhahaha


Kiss for the birthday girl from mummy...


"murdering" the cake.. which was a delish oreo cheesecake btw.. but it started my cold and cough i suspected..=(

::Flooooo:::

my darlin darlin flo is back from her numerous school and msia trips.. happie happie.. she's the sweetest ever.. always always so sweet to me.. now what did i do to deserve her? hahaha.. thanks for the christmas treat, earrings and KTV dear.. though it was short..=( Must meet up v v soon again k?? huggies..

::My Fairytale::

Magical ballerina musical box in the middle of Orchard Road.. loved loved the fairytaley image.... *dreamz*... but too many people fighting to take a picture of it for me to capture the illusion properly.. saddd..

::The Line International Buffet::

Our annual treat to The Line at Shangri-La.. sweet Mummy made this a annual tradition for us to dine in luxurious fashion... it's a v v special treat and very much treasured as it does not come by so easily.. (read last yr's entry: http://that-piece-of-sky.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html about The Line)

fresh seafood much sought after by the diners.. there was a queue each time a serving comes..


much loved...


My ultra-sweet creation...


Ying with another Bday gift from her pals.. a Damier bag from LV.. I went to make the purchase with her.. The queue to enter LV was atrocious. i was appalled by the amount of expenditure going on in the luxury store.

Grace and i agreed that Singaporeans are really rich.


Complimentary cake for the Birthday Gal from the staff at The Line.. though we agreed the desserts served at the buffet itself were much better.. O joy the chocolate fondue.. we had our personal fondue back on our table when i filled a dessert bowl with rich flowing chocolate from the fountain. meis dint want to be seen with me at all.. grinz


I love my carbs.. crusty roll and butter always does the trick for me.

... and my cold and cough persisted..=..(

::Early Christmas dinner with my healing balm::

Recovered well enough to meet my healing balm for dinner, but she had to come down to my area.. she treated me to Crystal Jade.. *my frens are really too sweet to me le..sobs* and we watched the newly-released National Treasure which was surprisingly good. Great plot and stellar cast.


Outside the cinema waiting to be seated making funny faces.

Grace gave me this very special pair of earrings for my Christmas gift.. (I had to delay hers cos of my flu=().. she designed the earrings and got it made for me.. damn touched. No pic of it yet cos waiting for her to send.. will put it up asap. Really v touched cos i still love home-made gifts best.. Thanks alot dearie.. i know i dun always say what i feel.. but you know.. really, thanks for being my pillar of support through this last stage of our academic stage together... i'm truly glad to be able to walk it to the end with you.. thanks for the most impt thing-your unwavering belief in my ability even when i stopped believing in myself..the most beautiful form of friendship i cun have asked for more.

*****
Another day, another year.. Each passes in more discovery of life's most cruel and most beautiful creation--the human form.. and yet we still plough on in another day, another year.

For every bad, i have the good to remind me of how blessed i am. For every person who hurt me, I have someone who made me feel cherished. For every fall, i have an unwavering hand. For every hurtful remark, i have a voice that speaks up for me. For every bad, i took another step towards self-discovery and self-assurance.

Another day, another year. I embrace all the moments life gives me. As always.

No comments: