Friday, August 31, 2012

Random thoughts and Thoughtful gestures

Was so so affected earlier on... Then in my usual manner, i started ranting to the people i knew can take it.. G and djj.. i won't often choose djj in such an instance.. but i knew she could relate to it, and it's family-related, so i needed her advice. Interestingly enough, she did not dish it out in the usual straightforward manner, but in another more subtle manner (Literature inferences much?). If i had not learned by now to decipher the messages, i think my years of living with her can be considered wasted.

Of cos, dear G would dispense it to me in a more encouraging and kind manner. So i can only say, i am lucky and thankful to have the best of both worlds.. the soft and the hard. So i will continue to learn.

On a happier note, I cannot express how truly blessed i have been. More gifts and bday dinners, and appreciation gifts for the first time in my tutoring career (yes i can finally call it that cos i can truly feel the joys of it-not just cos of the gifts la.. but who doesn't appreciate a appreciative gesture: alliteration much? heh.. just went through it with a student today).

Lovely appreciation gifts for the first time! a cool tension-relief pillow, a ladybird 8GB USB and a red pen a student bought with his own pocket $$! =*)

A beautiful array of accessories flo brought back from her Europe trip for me.. so in luv! Been wearing the Disney bracelet almost everyday! and OMG, my first Coach bangle =)

grace always presents me with the most unique gifts. This time, it is a pair of handmade, pure silver earrings from Cambodia =) Such a classic design i have also been wearing it almost everyday! =)

Dining at Michelangelo's. Fab atmosphere with equally wonderful food to match.

American-style dining at Spruce =)

To end off, one of my fave casual everyday outfits! Color-pop!=)


It's Friday! TGIF!!

*Listening to Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" and bobbing along with it*

P.S. Her movie, "Part of Me" was fab in my opinion! Totally took me on a journey of memories with her with the strategically-placed songs from her concert throughout the movie. I was laughing and crying in the theatre and goosebumps were popping up at the stupendous stage setup she did for her concerts! Candyland!! A well-documented timeline of memories of the ups and downs of the past year I had gone through too. And proud to say she is born in the same year as me! =) Can't wait for the DVD!


No comments: